How Facial recognition authentication works
Facial recognition is one of the latest authentication techniques, and many developers are adopting it these days. This Facial Authentication Using React And FaceIO SaaS system reduces the hassle of entering your email password or any other user credentials to log in to a web application.
The most important thing about this Facial Authentication Using React And FaceIO SaaS is that this authentication system is fast and doesn’t need any special hardware. You just need a webcam, which almost all devices have nowadays.
Facial recognition technology uses artificial intelligence to map out the unique facial details of a user and store them as a hash (some random numbers and text with no meaning) to reduce privacy-related issues.
Building and deploying an artificial intelligence-based face recognition model from scratch is not easy and can be very costly for indie developers and small startups. So you can use SaaS platforms to do all this heavy lifting for you. FaceIO and AWS recognition are examples of these types of services you can use in your projects.
Privacy is the most important thing for a user nowadays. As big corporations use your data for their good, questions arise on whether the privacy of these face recognition techniques is valid and legitimate.
FaceIO as a service follows all the privacy guidelines and gets user consent before requesting their camera access. Even if the developer wanted, FaceIO doesn’t scan faces without getting consent. Users can easily opt out of the system and can delete their facial data from the server.
FaceIO is CCP and GDPR compliant. As a developer, you can release this facial authentication system anywhere in the world without facing privacy issues. You can read this article to know more about FaceIO privacy’s best practices.
The security of a web application is an important topic to discuss and consider. As a developer, you are responsible for the security of a site or application’s users.
FaceIO follows some important and serious security guidelines for user data protection. FaceIO hashes all the unique facial data of the user along with the payload we specified earlier. So the stored information is nothing but some random strings which can’t be reverse-engineered.
FaceIO outlines some very important security guidelines for developers. Their security guide focuses on adding a strong pin code to protect user data. FaceIO also rejects covered faces so that no one can impersonate someone else.
How To Run
Running this project is simple. Simply follow these steps.
- Firstly check that node js is installed on your pc. If Not download and install.
- secondly, you have to open the code folder on any code editor.
- If you are using Vs Code, simply open the code editor and your project.Then open a new terminal (ctrl + shift + ~ ==> will open a new terminal).
- run this command `npm install`
- then `npm start
- If you want to run without a code editor directly, then follow these steps: Open a terminal(command prompt or git bash)
- goto your project root directory(cd folder name)
- then again type `npm install` and then after installation `npm start`
If npm fails to run the project, you can use the Yarn package manager instead. Take the following steps:
- AT first, Open your windows terminal
- after that type `npm i –global yarn`. This will install your yarn package manager globally.
- After the installation, repeat the same commands above but use yarn instead of npm.
- `yarn install` and then to start `yarn start`.